The Journal Committee at the Center for Writing and Speaking (CWS) is pleased to call for submissions for the Fall 2018 edition of The Onyx Review: The Interdisciplinary Research Journal at Agnes Scott College!
The peer- and faculty-reviewed journal comprises students’ academic work from various disciplines, spanning the humanities to the sciences. Students from all majors are invited to submit their manuscripts, but submissions are limited to one manuscript per applicant.
Manuscripts must meet the following guidelines:
- Be an academic paper, such as a research paper or a literature review, etc. (i.e., submissions cannot be creative writing pieces or reflection papers)
- Be written during your undergraduate career, under the direction of a professor or faculty advisor
- Not be previously published elsewhere
- Include an abstract between 150 and 250 words
- Contain the accurate citation style for your discipline and be accompanied by a properly-formatted reference section
- Be at least 1,200 words (approximately 5 pages of double-spaced text)
- Be double-spaced and formatted in Times New Roman, 12-point font with 1-inch margins
- Include images only when you possess their copyright or when the images are free to use under the Creative Commons license
Being published in a peer-reviewed academic journal is a commendable accomplishment that can be included in resumes, curriculum vitae, and personal statements for graduate school and beyond.
To submit your academic paper, please email email@example.com with the subject line “CWS Journal Submission Fall 2018” and attach your paper in a Word document along with the completed application form, which you can find attached below. Please save your document as “LastName.FirstInitial_TitleOfPaper.” Submissions are due Friday, September 14th, by 11:59 P.M., EST.
Please note that research conducted on human subjects must have received approval by the Agnes Scott Institutional Review Board prior to being conducted (please see http://www.agnesscott.edu/irb/ for more information).
Best wishes and best of luck,
The CWS Journal Committee
Sarah Waites and Yuxin Zheng, Committee Co-Chairs
Lyrik Courtney, Alex Fallon, Alice Mawi, Taelyn Reid, Committee Members