The Journal Committee at the Center for Writing and Speaking (CWS) is pleased to call for submissions for the Spring 2022 edition of The Onyx Review: The Interdisciplinary Research Journal at Agnes Scott College!
The peer- and faculty-reviewed journal comprises students’ academic work from various disciplines, spanning the humanities to the sciences. Students from all majors are invited to submit their manuscripts. Please see the following submission guidelines:
Manuscripts must meet the following guidelines:
- Be an academic paper, such as a research paper, etc. (i.e., submissions cannot be creative writing pieces or reflection papers)
- Be written during your undergraduate career, under the direction of a professor or faculty advisor
- Not be previously published elsewhere
- Contain the accurate citation style for your discipline and be accompanied by a properly-formatted reference section
- Be be at least 1,200 words (approximately 5 pages of double-spaced text)
- Be double-spaced and formatted in Times New Roman, 12-point font with 1-inch margins
Being published in a peer-reviewed academic journal is a commendable accomplishment that can be included in resumes, curriculum vitae, and personal statements for graduate school and beyond.
To submit your academic paper, please complete this form. Submissions are due February 2nd at 11:59pm.
Please note that research conducted on human subjects must have received approval by the Agnes Scott Institutional Review Board prior to being conducted (please see http://www.agnesscott.edu/irb/ for more information).
Best wishes and best of luck,
The CWS Journal Committee
Issis Haydel and Gracie Johnson Committee Co-Chairs
Kat Janssen, Luca Bixler, Maggee Chang, and Grace Cooper Committee Members